We use roasted peppers frequently in our cooking. If we are BBQing we do it on the grill, occasionally I do it on a burner turned on high or in the oven under the broiler.
Recently we did it in our woodstove.
Table of Contents
Tips: How to Roast and Peel Peppers
- Heat Source
- Stick peppers in, under, or on top of the heat source.
- Roast them until the skin is black and peely all over the pepper
- Remove with Tongs and place in the bowl of cold water – or under running water in the kitchen sink
- Holding pepper between both hands, use your thumbs to peel back the skin from all over the pepper. Open the pepper and rinse to remove seeds and pull off the stem.
- pat dry with a paper towel, slice, and use!