This is a recipe we got from Scotts Dad Jack – an amazingly great cook who I am forever grateful to because he taught my se*y husband how to cook GREAT food and to be an adventurous eater.
Its a tasty, rich and perfect side dish and we eat it all the time. We love brussel sprouts now that we have learned how to cook them in an amazing way…with bacon. By the way, if you want to be in heaven – try Nueske’s smoked Bacon from Wisconsin – it is freaking amazing. Click this link to find out where to get some
Table of Contents
Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Bacon & Broth Recipe
- 1.5 lbs brussel sprouts rinsed and cut in half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 oz slab bacon or pancetta cut into small cubes or slices
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat a cast iron or enameled skillet to medium and throw bacon in with a dash of olive oil. Cook bacon over medium heat until crispy and the grease is browned and slightly crusty.
- Add brussel sprouts and chicken broth and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are tender but NOT mushy.
- Serve as a side dish. Makes a great side for Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner!