Oh Mama, this sauce is superb for marinating shrimp, chicken or steak for tacos or other BBQ dishes. Try it out but don’t rub your eyes and make sure you wash your hands thoroughly!
Recipe of Habanero Chili Sauce
This habanero sauce is incredibly easy to make and is also quite tasty, requiring only 8 ingredients (and spicy). This dish will make good use of the garden's supply of habaneros and will outperform several specialty hot sauces in terms of taste and cost. It has since become one of our all-time favorite habanero hot sauces.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white rice vinegar
- 1/2 1/2 sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 habanero peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 pinch cornstarch
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat and add water and rice vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar, garlic, ginger, habaneros, and ketchup.
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir to combine. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cornstarch.
- Strain sauce into a serving dish and refrigerate until ready to use.