Oh Mama, this sauce is superb for marinating shrimp, chicken or steak for tacos or other BBQ dishes. Try it out but don’t rub your eyes and make sure you wash your hands thoroughly!
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 habanero peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Pinch of cornstarch
- Heat a sauce pan to medium heat and add water and rice vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar, garlic, ginger, habaneros, and ketchup.
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir to combine. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cornstarch.
- Strain sauce into a serving dish and refrigerate until ready to use.